Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Surf

I read a great post on the Beltway Babywearers blog about volunteering while babywearing a few weeks ago, but never got around to writing a Sunday surf until now!

I had always heard that most people install and use car seats improperly. So before and after Ichigo was born I did a lot of reading and watched online videos about car seat safety. Videos and pictures helped me much more than just written descriptions, so I was excited to find a picture heavy post about car seat safety on the daily momtra. We all make mistakes, but if you can learn to do it better, your child will be safer next time they ride in the car!

Ichigo has been sharing meals with us since she was a newborn. We have eaten many, many meals over her head as we wore her, or as we held her in our laps.


Sleeping through lunch in Tokyo!


Now that she's eating foods, too, it's fun to think about mealtime rituals that will develop in our family. I really enjoyed this post about creating dinnertime rituals on the Lusa Organics blog.


Right now our mealtimes are more mess than ritual, but we're enjoying it nonetheless!


Speaking of food, the allergykids blog had 2 great posts about food dyes and preservatives here and here. As well as a post with a great tip for spotting genetically modified produce by looking at its product code! I try to buy organic fruits and vegetables for Ichigo whenever possible, but sometimes I can't get the food I need as an organic, or our budget won't allow it. Now I know how to at least avoid the genetically modified produce!

And my favorite post that I read this week was by Hobo Mama about post-partum sex. It's a challenging subject and she wrote about it with amazing honesty and humor!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Glad you're surfing along. And thanks for the mention! I will have to check out the other links and pop you into my surfing list.

    Also, I so want that Galaxy Ergo. Craving, craving…and I really have no reason to replace my current Ergo. :)

    ReplyDelete