Friday, April 15, 2011

Natural Parenting Blog Party

I'm taking part in the Natural Parenting Blog Party hosted by The Peaceful Housewife.

The Peaceful Housewife

I've never really written a self-introduction on this blog, so now is the perfect time!


How many children do you have, and how old are they?

I have a 7 month old daughter, Ichigo.




2. Do you have a partner, or are you a single parent?
I'm married to Kuma.




Have you made any parenting choices that you didn’t think you would make before you were a parent, i.e. cloth diapering a child when you had previously thought it was disgusting?
I had never really thought about co-sleeping until I got pregnant, and then it just seemed like the natural thing to do.

Is there one book or person in particular that’s heavily influenced your parenting choices?
I like Dr. Sears' books a lot. But I cannot underestimate all that I have learned from reading blogs during pregnancy and after my daughter was born.

If you had to describe each of your children using only one word, what word would you use?
Joy!

Is there one parenting decision that you regret more than others and wish you could change?
I wish that I hadn't used a snuggle nest after my daughter was born. I was nervous about having her in the bed with us, but now I wonder if it was a barrier to early bonding and breastfeeding.


Is there an area of your parenting you wish you were better at?
I'm really disorganized! I feel like parenting could be a little easier if I were more organized.


Now for the fun questions – is there one particular food or type of food that you could eat every day?

Ice cream. Is that a food?


Vanilla ice cream or chocolate?

Chocolate.

What’s your guilty pleasure?
Bravo reality TV. I looooove it.

If you could be part of any television show, which show would it be?
Top Chef.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming by my blog. I look forward to reading more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is beautiful! Love your other post about baby wearing - I miss the days when Little Miss was small enough! I even took her hiking, which seemed to shock people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am so glad to have found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts so much. And I, too, would love to be on Top Chef. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to learn a bit more about you! I definitely think ice cream is a food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your daughter's name!! Excited to meet you in the bog party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pictures! Looking forward to future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! It's great to meet you. I didn't even know what "co-sleeping" was with my oldest. When he was a newborn, I was so tired that I just brought him into bed with me to nurse. He didn't leave for over four years! I never even told people about it because it was a HUGE no-no 13 years ago when SIDS was still a big story in the mainstream media. Now, with my little one, I don't feel that stigma of "bad mom" when I tell people (proudly!) that we co-sleep.

    I look forward to reading more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through the blog party link up.
    Your daughter is such a cutie! I knew I would love your blog the second I saw it's name. My oldest daughter is in LOVE with Manga and her favorite one is Bleach, the main character is named Ichigo in it. : )
    (hmm when I hit post comment it keeps coming back to this page... so if I accidently posted multiple comments I am sorry.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, nice to "meet" you through the blog party. I'm an ice cream lover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi! i found you through the natural parent blog party. my family recently moved from brooklyn to kingston, jamaica...nice to find another family adjusting to an international move! i'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've hopped from the blog party and I love your blog. I totally agree that being more organised would make our lives much easier too! Thanks for sharing lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you through the blog party. Your daughter is beautiful!! How neat that you lived in Tokyo! I am a quarter Japanese and have family in Tokyo. I don't know much about their life there so it's neat to see Japanese life through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting from the blog party! Your daughter is just gorgeous!! :) I'm with you on wanting to be more organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping by from the blog party! Love your blog and am glad to have found it. I adore your daughter's name! Can't wait to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete