Saturday, March 12, 2011

Baby Burgers and Broccoli



Ichigo and I have been enjoying baby-led weaning for about a week and a half now. It has been a really positive experience for us. She enjoys everything I have given her, and I love watching her explore new colors, textures and tastes. I love garlic and strong spices, so I want to start adding more flavors to her food.
I decided to make her some ginger and garlic broccoli and mini turkey burgers tonight.
I steamed the broccoli for about 7 minutes, then I sauteed minced garlic and ginger for a few minutes in a little olive oil, added in the broccoli and continued to saute it for another 2 minutes or so.





After that I made mini turkey burgers with a few shakes of cumin and minced garlic mixed in. I shaped the burgers like fat fingers, so that Ichigo would be able to pick them up.
I had no idea how much Ichigo was going to love her "spiced up" food! I gave her the broccoli first and she just sucked and sucked on it. She was in heaven. Once she finally got around to trying the turkey burgers, it just got funnier. She was sucking and gnawing on them. It was a flavor explosion in her tiny mouth. It is just so much fun to watch her eat!







1 comment:

  1. Just hopping by! I cannot wait to do some baby led weaning with my little guy!

    I'm a new follower and would love for you to check out my new blog at http://www.formulamom.com and follow back!

    ReplyDelete