Sunday, March 13, 2011

Heavy Hearts and a Hint of Spring

There is just more and more sad news coming from Japan. It's hard to believe how many confirmed dead there are, and how many more are predicted. We've been in a funk around here from all the tragic videos and photos we've seen. So, yesterday I suggested that we get out of the house and go for a walk as a family.
It wasn't too cold, so we decided to try putting Ichigo in her stroller. In the past 6 months, we've only used her stroller 6 or 7 times, so it's a big event for us when we put her in it!


Ichigo and Kuma.



A beautiful, old church.


We found a great playscape area near Harvard. I can't wait to go back once the weather is warmer and let Ichigo play in the sand. I didn't take any pictures of it though, because I didn't want to look creepy! The park also had some historical monuments. This is my first time living in New England, so I hadn't really given much thought to how many important events in US history have taken place here.


We like history and sleeping babies.


I am happy to say that Ichigo actually fell asleep in her stroller. I think it might have been the first time. She falls asleep easily in our ergo carrier. We have a lot of nap issues, so my husband often wears her for her nap. It's good to know that we now have another transportation option when we want to go for a long walk. We love wearing Ichigo, but when we're out for 3 or 4 hours, our backs get TIRED!


And we're home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment