Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No Car=Slow

Yesterday, my husband, Ichigo and I went to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. We walked about 5 minutes to the train station, took the subway for about 10 minutes, and then walked another 15 minutes to the shopping center.
You know what? No Car=Slow. Maybe that's a good thing. But it can also be a big, old pain in the behind. I am proud to have lived car-free for so long, but I think I'm ready for a car-lite existence. I guess we'll see what happens this year.
We found some good stuff like brown rice pasta and a few organic veggies at TJ's for Ichigo to eat this week. But we also discovered that that particular Trader Joe's doesn't sell alcohol!! The main reason that we went on our trek was to get cheap wine. But we were DENIED! We were cheered up a bit when we got great deals by buying in the bulk aisle at Whole Foods. I also found organic burdock root for Ichigo to try this week. Burdock root is really common in Japan, and one of my very favorite vegetables, so I can't wait to see what Ichigo thinks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment